I believe that a church that is involved in the community helps to make a better community. I see New Jerusalem Baptist Church as a place where anyone in the community can come and have an impact made upon their lives. The vision for New Jerusalem is to be a place of Ministry (Service) done the way the Lord Jesus Christ intended for the church to do it. With plans to at some point offer dental and medical service, it will be a place where people can come and receive a physical as well as a spiritual healing.
I truly thank God for the vision for New Jerusalem Baptist Church and for all those whom he sends to help make the vision come to fruition. I believe that this ministry is special and is needed for this community, and that God has put us here for such a time as this.
Therefore we prayerfully seek:
- To provide each member of the Church and of the surrounding community with financial assistance when needed. This may include but shall not be limited to:
- Employment leads
- College tuition application assistance
- Church sponsored Scholarships
- Summer work study programs for students
- “How to” community classes
- Preparing to apply for a home loan
- Utility assistance program
- Offer monthly food ministry
- Offer youth and children outreach and enrichment programs i.e.: after school and tutorial, toddler university (teaches toddlers how to read), summer enrichment, learning programs, AKS, and SAT prep classes.
- Offer recreational league that includes youth and adult sports such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball/tee ball. Also, plans are being made to offer music lessons, ballet and tap, musical theater. With the completion of the Phase II Gymnasium, we will be adding karate, gymnastics and cheerleading.
- Will offer very affordable child daycare that will eventually lead to an elementary school, a middle school, and finally, a high school.
- Ministry Training Institute (MTS) will become an accredited program that will allow students to receive credits toward an undergraduate degree. This program’s duty will be to train teachers how to effectively teach bible lessons to both children and adults of all ages, genders and backgrounds.